Analyst, Active Small Cap PE Company Focussed On Special Situations, Munich, Germany
11652 About our client
We are working with a young, fast-growing, and D/A/CH-region oriented Private Equity company based in Munich that is aiming at acquiring, actively improving, and sustainably developing companies in special situations (e.g. Carve-outs), with the overall goal to re-establish stable cash flows and sustainable growth.
Our client has a proven track record in special situations and is currently managing funds which comprise investments in challenged companies with a total turnover of more than EUR 550 million across several different industries and countries, both in Europe and globally.
They are now looking to hire an additional Analyst to support their investment team in all areas of the Private Equity value chain. This includes support in deal origination, M&A processes, valuation and modelling, and operational support of portfolio companies.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a motivated and experienced team that supports its portfolio companies with the implementation of extensive resources and applying pragmatism, expertise, strategy, and vision to convert them into profitable enterprises.
Applicants will benefit from low hierarchies, high responsibility, as well as from an intensive involvement in all steps of the m&a process from day one.
The position will be based in Munich. What the job involves
Who we are looking for
- Sourcing and identification of investment opportunities in Germany
- Analysis of investment opportunities and interesting sectors
- Support in due diligence processes, company analyses and market studies
- Preparation of financing and valuation models in Excel and Lucanet
- Data room review
- Elaboration and preparation of investment recommendations for the investment committee
- Further development of portfolio companies through close cooperation with management and advisory board
- Willingness to travel for site visits and management presentations
- Completed bachelor or master student from a top tier university with a focus on business administration/ economics or a clear affinity to these topics, ideally in the areas of corporate finance, controlling or accounting
- Solid problem-solving orientation, ability to learn fast
- Strong data analytics and modelling skills
- Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of financial statements analysis and valuation
- Relevant work/ internship experience in e.g. investment banking, corporate finance, accounting, PE/ VC, transaction services
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint, ideally Lucanet)
- Success-oriented, committed, proactive and independent way of working
- Team-oriented work and skills to support a dedicated investment team
- Strong communication as well as analytical skills and enthusiasm
- Fluent English and German and preferably one more language