Algo Application Support, Associate
Morgan Stanley’s Production Management function is hiring a Level 2 Algo Application Production Support Associate in Hong Kong. The team is responsible for ensuring the stability of these business critical client and server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure.
The team performs the following tasks:
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Investigation of user queries via log file and process interaction, e.g. session drops, order issues, flow breaks, booking issues.
- Managing incidents by running conference calls, working closely with development teams, notifying the business and or compliance, tracking the failures and following up post event.
- Escalating problems to core development and engineering groups in a timely manner.
- Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Liaison with other internal departments where appropriate.
- Identify and build tools / scripts to aid in day to day tasks
- Work as a global team by following the sun support, standardizing documentation / tools and knowledge sharing. Qualifications: Skills Required
- A highly motivated, self starter who is happy working for demanding clients
- with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a professional ownership of issues
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly present technology to a non technical audience
- Understanding of Equity products and trading concepts
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Good understanding and hands on experience in Unix
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL syntax. (Sybase database experience an advantage)
- Scripting skills eg perl, cgi, ksh, python Skills Desired
- Computer Science Degree (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with Algo trading
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure, networks, storage, unix system administration etc.
- Prior application support experience / trade floor exposure