Assistant Account Investigations Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To lead a team at 8 - 10 staff.
- To monitor the process flow in Account Investigation process activities on account closure, document retrieval, account searching, hold code /lien placement and removal and audit confirmation.
- To assist Senior Manager, Account Investigation and Account Investigation Manager to prepare the MI reports, keep track the outstanding work tasks on inventory to ensure no overdue.
- To perform quality checking on the Account Investigation Clerk's and Officer's daily work.
- To provide business requirement and explore the initiatives on process streamlining, re - engineering.
- To handle internal and external customer inquiries/ complaints confidently and reliably.
- To support cross team functions.
- To ensure all process flows are fully compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures and code of conduct imposed.
- To make affirmation in the High Court of HKSAR when summoned.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Legal and Compliance
- Businesses and Products
- Markets, Wealth & Securities Operations
- ITO Technology Services
- Group Operations counterparts
- GSSC counterparts
- Regulators, Law Enforcement Authorities and other government departments/officials
Key Behaviours and Performance Indicators
- Deliver on strategic goals - targets as set out in current year Job Objectives
- Operate within Service Level Agreement
- Engaged staff and reduced levels of attrition
- Live the Corporate Values and Code of Conduct
- Embed Fair Accountability process
Skills and Experiences
- Good level of understanding of operations and technology
- Ability to engage and motivate performance in others
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Able to work under pressure with multiple stakeholders
- High degree of responsibility and integrity
- Tertiary education
- Relevant managerial experience
- Excellent communication capability
- Ability to work within a country and global multi-function, multi-discipline team environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.