The Credit Analysis and Control Section within Hong Kong Corporate Banking Department 2 (in short, HKCBD2) is responsible for the credit risk analysis and control of the local corporate banking customer portfolios and related mitigation including credit application, rating application preparation, monitoring of the customer credit performance, etc. The Section’s role is crucial in supporting the Corporate Banking Department to achieve its business target and comply with regulatory requirements.
Mizuho Bank, Limited has a long-term commitment to the Hong Kong market. With a strong global connection and a workforce of over 600 staff in Hong Kong, Mizuho Bank, Limited, is able to help corporations in Hong Kong to expand their business worldwide. Our clients comprise Japanese and non-Japanese corporations including PRC related ones, financial institutions, government and quasi-government organizations, etc. We provide a full spectrum of corporate banking services to our customers including syndication loans, treasury, transaction banking, financial advisory, project finance, merger and acquisition, leveraged finance, structured finance, etc.
At Mizuho, we provide the stability of an international industry leader with the career trajectory of a growing business. Our steady, strategic growth gives our people at all levels rewarding degrees of responsibility and a richer work experience than a boutique firm or an established giant could offer alone.
It’s the local expertise of our employees that makes our global network so powerful. By collaborating with colleagues and clients who have your same ambition and drive, you can amplify your sphere of influence and base of knowledge as part of one of the largest—and growing—banks in the world.
- To follow the policy & direction of the Section / Branch, and to assist superiors in accomplishing the Section’s / Branch’s overall duties and responsibilities at all times;
- To prepare various kinds of credit proposals and analysis of the assigned accounts, including preparation of credit application, rating application, financial analysis, cash flow modelling, and to answer subsequent enquiries from Credit Division;
- To handle all credit related matters including review of latest financials of obligors upon receipt of financial statements, rating review, long term loan review, compliance of credit approval conditions and instructions, security control and submission for credit assessment by Head Office;
- To attend to documentation matters of existing and new transaction after credit approval;
- To constantly review the existing credit commitments to identify potential credit problems and to ensure conformity with agreement terms; to recommend and implement appropriate action should an unfavorable trend develops;
- To support and work together with the marketing sections to achieve the Division profit and business policies;
- To assist Department Head in the implementation of certain credit and general management policies;
- Caution Instruction Issue, subject to relevant Procedure Manual & The Management’s instruction issued from time to time;
- To perform any other duties assigned by superiors.
- We are looking for an individual who has mind-set to initiate changes and improvements for higher productivity and performance
- Proactively acquire necessary knowledge through day to day work and training, the individual should be able to work independently or in a team
- The individual respects for and commits to high standards of business conduct and integrity in conducting operations, reporting and etc.
Work experience, education and skills
- Bachelor's Degree; Professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, CPA, FRM are desirable;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in credit application preparation including financial analysis and cash flow projection for corporate customers, with knowledge on bilateral/ syndicated loan facility, trade finance and derivative products;
- Experience in different types of corporate customers including blue chips, mid-cap corporates, FI/non-bank FI and MNCs are desirable;
- Knowledge on structured facility is a bonus;
- Good writing and communication/ presentation skills;
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Cantonese; Mandarin skills are a plus.
Please indicate your current salary, expected salary and notice period on your CV.
Mizuho Bank, Limited
Mizuho Bank Limited is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG). The Mizuho group is a global financial services leader with offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Mizuho provides expertise in retail banking, corporate finance, investment banking, asset management, capital markets, and sales and trading, to help businesses develop and find new opportunities for growth. To learn more: www.mizuho-fg.com
Personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence, and will be used for recruitment purpose only.