Assistant Vice President, Private Equity Funds
Our client is one of the largest Fund administrators globally with a fast growing Asia presence, leveraging their advanced technology and industry expertise to deliver services to a whole range of funds including Private Equity and Hedge Funds. Due to their rapid expansion in Asia, they are looking for an Assistant Vice President/Account Manager, who will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial, operational and accounting matter for a portfolio or Private Equity funds.
The general role will encompass all facets of financial reporting on a portfolio of private equity funds, while supervising a team of fund accountants.
- Performing the administration of and any services pursuant to administration agreements in respect of a portfolio of private equity funds;
- Calculating Net Asset Values;
- Prepare and review financial statements, and associated reports like footnotes and partner capital statements
- Prepare and review limited partner and general partner allocations
- Review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, and transfers
- Prepare and review fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations
- Processing payments and other transactions;
- Supervising staff in an “Account”, reviewing and signing off on work performed by staff in the Account;
- Acting as primary contact with clients and other fund participants;
- Meeting expectations of fund participants, adhering to deadlines;
- Maintaining relationships with investors, investment advisors/managers, banks, brokers and auditors and other fund participants;
- Assisting auditors and other fund participants and advisers;
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance related area (2:1 and above preferred)
- Preferably hold or studying for a professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 Years in Financial Services with an exposure to accounting for private equity funds
- 1-3 years’ supervisory/managerial experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel etc).
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial and independent