Regulatory and Business Conduct
- To manage and grow the customer portfolio to meet business targets, in line with business plans agreed by the Team Head.
- To act as the lead banker for deals involving direct client dialogues in Hong Kong. To actively engage in the whole deal process, including screening, structuring, pitching, approval, execution and monitoring. Demonstrate internal leadership to arrive at a solution-based approach by intergrating the relevant product partners.
- Independently come up with account plans for individual customer groups. Enhance cross-selling of the bank's products in line with the account plans, focusing on the maximization of return criteria set by the bank.
- Maintain a high-quality credit profile for the managed portfolio with close monitoring of the customers' financial performances and keeping abreast of the latest market conditions.
- Be the major responsible officer for the proposed credits, making sure the credit analysis is rebust, proper approvals are obtained and required reviews and monitoring are done in due course. Be eloquent in presenting and pushing the case through the credit approval chain.
- Undergo a proactive asset portfolio management with an aim to enhance balance sheet efficiency in line with the bank's internal guidance and account strategies.
- Ensure that all administrational works associated with the portfolio is done accurately in accordance with laid down procedures and on a timely basis, including but not limited to, know-your-customer procedures, documentation, reporting, etc.
- Develop talent and help to multiply leaders to produce the best bankers in the industry and World Class support team.
Key Stakeholders Internal Product Partners and GAMs
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- To promote ONE BANK approach by actively working with our product partners, GAMs and FAMs.
Other Relationship support colleagues
- Business development, overall relationship management and budgetary planning.
External Existing Customers
- To coach and provide guidance in order to enhance performance and work co-ordination and delegation of assignments.
- To manage relationships, develop business, evaluate credits, negotiate facility terms and pricing, resolve operational problems and secure market information.
- To market full range of Bank's products and services
Our Ideal Candidate
- Lawyers, competitors, insurance agents
About Standard Chartered
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in coverage team; familiar with Chinese IC client portfolio is preferred.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers