About the role
- Be a strong proponent and carrier of ANZ's aspirational culture and values
- Excited opportunity within Hong Kong Corporates Coverage
- Be part of an organization with many different career opportunities to explore given the Hong Kong and more international remit of the role
Role Location: ANZ Hong Kong
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time
As an Associate Director, Hong Kong Corporates, you will contribute to maintaining and growing HK Branch's/International's portfolio of Customers with a focus on strategic dialogue and share of mind. You are expected to ensure and promote a strong first-line-of-defence mindset by understanding and assessing counter-party credit and market risks particularly from an industry standpoint.
- Responsible for new business origination. Identify, target and deliver appropriate/ increased share of wallet opportunities at sustainable returns with new and existing customers
- Develop and execute customer account strategies with local and network Product and Coverage Teams
- Provide high quality service to existing customers and build strong relationships across the diversified industries corporates
- Established working relationships, or ability to create working relationships, with key internal stakeholder groups including Credit Risk, Research & Analysis, CIS, Economics and others
- Be able to m eet and adhere to Hong Kong Coverage Accountability Matrix and compliance with all group standards
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following -
- Understanding of customer needs, buying behaviour and competitive landscape including knowledge of the political, economic, and regulatory environment that the customer and ANZ operates within
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex discussions with key senior stakeholders, multi-touch client engagement and demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to provide input into account planning in a collaborative and effective manner
- Ability to construct strategic Customer pitches by working across geographies and products
- Ability to understand and assess both counter party credit risk and market risk as well as identify market stresses/issues that may affect the customer
- Demonstrate ANZ Values and Behaviours: Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number 23140. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (a company incorporated in Australia) Job Posting End Date
05/10/2022 , 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)