Associate Director, Investment Consulting
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
The Investment Consulting Unit is an internal consultancy and transformation team delivering enterprise-wide change initiatives for the Group CIO, and addressing issues raised by AIA entity CIOs and Investment Committee members to improve investment processes, performance, and ALM and other risk exposures.
The objective of this role is the delivery of a subset of the team objectives outlined above, and to build relationships and influence with Group and local entity colleagues members. Roles and Responsibilities:
Financial and Non-Financial Measures:
- Work with Director of Investment Consulting and Head of Investment Solutions to scope and plan team projects and initiatives.
- Perform strategy research, and work with local investment teams, AIA and external asset managers, and capital management teams to optimize and implement strategies.
- Assist in appraising and setting parameters around new and existing investment strategies.
- Act as an adviser on investment-related issues to local investment teams and CIOs, and senior colleagues from Group Finance, Risk and other functions, as part of the Insurance Client Service component of the ICU.
- Gain confidence and credibility with AIA entity and Group stakeholders to ensure that recommendations are approved by the responsible local entity senior management committees.
- Advise AIA entity CIOs on implementation of strategies, including providing guidance and challenge to Head of External Manager Strategies, Heads of Asset Class, and senior colleagues at AIA Asset Management Companies.
- Maintain and use a network of senior contacts with external asset managers, consultants, and investment banks.
- Advise AIA entity CIOs on ad-hoc investment-related issues, including working with the Derivatives Centre of Excellence where needed.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor to meet operational and/or other requirements.
- Improvements to investment returns or capital consumption or both, compared to constraints at in-scope entities.
- Positive feedback from AIA entity CIOs and other senior management.
Draft clearly articulated presentations or memos for consumption by the relevant management committees or individuals to take high-impact decisions.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Understand, influence, and convince AIA entity CIOs, CFOs, CROs, and Chief Actuaries when needed.
- Liaise with external managers and consultants.
Reporting Structure and Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities:
- Education - Bachelors / Masters
- Experience - 15-20 years
- Certifications/licenses - CFA or similar an advantage. Actuarial background useful.
- Special skills - Quantitative experience a must - statistics / stochastic modelling / quantitative analytics
- Reports to Director of Investment Consulting
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.