Associate Director, Private Banking Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Strategy
- Support the Head of Client Services & Transacting on Operations on Change and Transformation Team in formulating and executing the process improvement strategy, new technology and business strategies to continuously improve client experience and Front Office productivity.
- Being the central force for driving change and transformational initiatives both from a global and local perspective which results in a change culture which values innovation and improvement.
Act as a central point of contact for PvB HK and work with respective product owners/ group procedure and initiative owners/ O&T and compliance team etc. to launch and manage product, process & regulatory initiatives, so as to drive, implement and launch initiatives to improve front office experience, client experience and the upkeep of regulatory requirements. Initiate and lead projects and initiatives to improve Front Office processes, to deliver step-change in productivity and client experience. Develop a culture of continuous improvement among CSMs and CSM Team Leaders.
The team is focusing in the following key areas:
- Client Experience and Front Office Processes
- New Product Initiatives and Management
- Key contact point for WMPS & MI on new product launches and enhancement of product offerings
- Partner with COO office and product management of WMPS on project implementation for FO
- Provide feedback and content from FO perspective on new product proposal and implementation plan
- Liaise with other relevant stakeholders on driving client communication on new services offered and changes of current platform
- Regulatory and Risk Initiatives
- Global Initiatives and Project Management
- Review processes / parts of processes that require Front Office and CSM action. , Investment Trade Execution, Payments, Non-financial transactions, etc.
- Ensure that changes have the required approvals under the PvB Change Governance Forum and all other relevant risk frameworks
Our Ideal Candidate
- Play a pivotal role on driving global target operating model and contributing to the global Transformation Program of Wealth Management and Private Banking
- Participate and coordinate group and regulatory change initiatives that impact Private Banking HK
- Collaborate and build effective partnership with Technology, Operations, business users and other stakeholders to set system strategy and project direction, identify cost/benefit impact, and agree on project timelines and priorities
- Act as project lead on assignments from the Business Head / COO from time to time
- Gather, document and analyze business requirements that require new business models/systems/workflows/processes, existing system enhancements or existing procedural change
- Organize change governance forums to manage stakeholder expectations
- Ensure all stakeholder communications are managed in a timely and effective manner
- Provide regular project updates to Front Office, COO and senior management
- Embed Here for good and the Group's brand and values in Private Banking
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- University education, preferably with a specialization in commerce, finance, and related degrees
- Solid banking experience with private banking products knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with customer service oriented mindset and ability to deal with different levels of internal and external parties.
- Willing to take ownership and work under pressure
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to achieve the highest performance standard
- Proficiency in Office applications including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software and knowledge of sharepoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.