This is new headcount for a Big Data & Core Java developer at a high profile front office team at a Tier 1 Investment Bank. This person would work on designing and developing a greenfield platform that would be used by trading desks regionally. This team are very technical and want someone who is passionate about experimenting with new and exciting technologies.
Role (Associate / AVP / VP - you will be brought in at the right level):
- Hands-on design and development for distributed, Big Data driven solutions
- Development work would be heavily focused on core Java, Restful APIs, microservices, threading, memory management, distributed computing concepts
- Integration of NoSQL / Big Data technologies (Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB)
- Wide and deep exposure to cross-asset business within the bank
- Must be a hands-on coder with excellent foundations in computer science concepts
- Proven experience working under Agile, TDD development best practices with a passion for open-source aud automation
- 4-15 years of core Java development experience with solid understanding of multithreading, concurrency concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of NoSQL / Big Data technologies - Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB etc.
- Experience working at a financial institution