Business Development Director, General lnsurance
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Formulate business strategy for all lines from respective distribution channels. Establishes underwriting standards, communicates the business direction, and manage the executions in achieving production and profit targets. Uplifts service quality and manages the deliverables to ensure quality customer experience. Builds the relationship with intermediaries so as to secure their support in recommending and selling our products as well as services. Accountabilities:
- Formulate and execute business development and underwriting strategy to ensure it is in alignment with the company's overall strategy throughout the underwriting process
- Oversee the business portfolio in collaboration with other teams within PGHK to ensure profitability and sustainability of the business
- Advisory and guidance of underwriting and risk selection decisions especially more complicated cases.
- Channel relationship and management achieved through fostering a service culture. Build strong and long-term relationship with the distribution channels (agents and brokers).
- Collection and analysis of market intelligence, trend and customers' needs
- Degree or post graduate, with professional qualifications in general insurance (ACII or ANZIIF)
- Min 12 years of relevant working experiences with at least 6 years in managerial level
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Experience in multi-distribution channels, life agency in particular.
- Exposure in development personal lines and SMEs insurance business
- Underwriting skill mindset in General Insurance and / or Employee Benefits products
- Able to lead teams, possess business acumen
- Excellent communication, influencing skills and to build rapport