Cloud software support engineer who works with software developers, Infrastructure team and managed service providers, and IT staff to support the software needed by various business applications.
Protiviti are looking for skilled candidates for the following role:
Insurance company with Global presence
- diagnostics and failover and availability capabilities;
- Assist team leader to review related changes, assess risks for all changes while maintaining high availability within the environment.
- Work with other IT staff and external vendors in assigned project activities.
- Assist team Leader to evaluate the software to assess their features and sophistication that would meet business and IT operation requirements
- Develop and review the design of the IT solutions with focus on the software solutions and their suitability in IT environments
- Be responsible to provision resources, select an appropriate deployment model, direct testing protocol to validate infrastructure in particular, and monitor performance after release. Tasks might include, results analysis, problem troubleshooting and issue communication back to the projects team.
- Works with development staff to tackle the necessary coding and scripting to integrate various application elements with other components such as databases management or software that DEVOPS teams need to run the software release on system OS and infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain automation and maintenance in the various environments, systems and services.
- Provide incident support and on-call service for the system and services, Develop/Identify, implement and maintain system management tools that mitigate manual effort
- Implement automated management features, such as performance monitoring, diagnostics and failover and availability capabilities;
- 4-7 years relevant hands-on experience in DEVOPS and Cloud computing
- Comprehensive background in OS administration, such as Linux and Windows;
- Strong IT hardware and operations background with hands-on expertise in servers, storage and network device installation, provisioning and monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization/container technologies, such as VMware, Docker and Kubernetes;
- Ability to identify, assess and integrate various open source technologies and cloud services;
- Strong experience with a range of automated provisioning and configuration management tools such as traditional scripts, as well as more specific tools such as Azure Resources Manager, Terraform, Puppet and Chef;
- Hands-on experience with a diverse range of IT monitoring and management tools, such as Azure Monitor, Datadog; and Prometheus.
- A clear understanding of coding and scripting with common languages, such as PHP, Python, Perl and Ruby;
- Proven experience with CI/CD tools, such as Microsoft GitHub, Jira and Confluence, Nexus, and Jenkins;
- Detailed, hands-on experience with public cloud resources and services such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud;
- Knowledge on how to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in test and production environments.
- Supportive and collaborative management abilities in a team environment, as well as proven user-facing management skills;
- Possess an AWS or Azure certification in public cloud services.
- Knowledge of major coding languages, such as C++ or Java would be an advantage.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Protiviti is a global consulting firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future. Through our network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, Protiviti and its independently owned Member Firms provide clients with consulting solutions in finance, technology, operations, data, analytics, business performance improvement, risk and internal audit.
As a Protiviti consultant, you will not only work on interesting business issues with world-class companies, but you will also have access to training and networking opportunities to accelerate your expertise.