Compliance - Australia & New Zealand Electronic Trading & APAC Data Privacy Compliance Officer - Hong Kong
Bloomberg's Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world's leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg's Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products and support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. As part of the Legal and Compliance organisation, the Global Compliance team ensures that Bloomberg's activities and its employees adhere to applicable regulations and standards. The Opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen in Bloomberg's Asia Pacific Compliance team for an experienced Compliance professional with Australia/New Zealand and/or data privacy compliance experience. Based in Hong Kong, the role will focus on electronic trading Compliance coverage for Australia & New Zealand and data privacy in the Asia Pacific region.
In this role, we'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Assist to implement and maintain the firm's Compliance Program, including policies and procedures.
- Provide Compliance coverage of the firm's electronic trading platforms and products, including liaising with regulators, handling regulatory reporting, Compliance related queries, alerts and incidents.
- Be the Asia Pacific Compliance lead for data privacy.
- Participate in, and work with other business and support functions on, major business proposals and regulatory change initiatives.
- Develop privacy compliance mechanisms for new products and services.
- Provide Compliance advice to the business and support functions to ensure Compliance with regulatory and company requirements and standards.
- Prepare and deliver Compliance training addressing employee needs and Compliance requirements as well as enhancing employee awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and sensitivities.
- Coordinate internal audits and regulatory inspections, including responses to regulatory inquiries and surveys.
- Implement appropriate Compliance controls and tools, including working with Compliance technology support and other internal functions to make enhancements and address any gaps identified.
- A Bachelor's degree in Law, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of Legal or Compliance experience, either in a regulated financial institution or with a focus on data privacy (?Candidates with legal advisory experience will be preferred)
- Experience in Compliance coverage for Australia/New Zealand and/or data privacy is essential.
- Experience in Compliance coverage for electronic trading and financial markets, particularly in relation to currencies, fixed income, commodities and related derivatives will be advantageous.
- Subject matter expertise in data privacy and security laws, rules, regulations, and industry standards will be advantageous.
- Experience in communicating with regulators and/or in supporting responses to regulatory enquiries.
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures and manuals as well as preparing reports for regulators and internal management.
- A passion and ability to advise senior business people Compliance matters.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with security and risk professionals, engineers, software developers, product development, Human Resources, and other teams.
- Ability to work well in a team, with strong technical skills to work in a fast pace, technology driven environment.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.