Core Product - APAC Index Product Manager - Hong Kong
Bloomberg offers an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfil their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, "smart" beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services. What's the Role?
You'll be joining a highly experienced and fast-growing APAC Index Product Management team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. Overall responsibility will be to work with a team to formulate and execute Bloomberg's APAC index business strategy across index solutions in all asset classes, with a primary focus on Equity and Multi-Asset indices. With a more dedicated focus on the APAC region, you will be focusing on the construction and commercialization of indices, product positioning, and helping drive the commercial success of the business. You would work closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, PR teams, and participate in client meetings in APAC. You'll help develop new Bloomberg terminal analytics that will transform the index industry.
You're someone that has deep knowledge of the institutional asset management industry, understand index trends, regulation and what our customers need. The individual will be expected to have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to contribute to regional product vision, the business plan's implementation, product design and innovation, the pursuit of strategic partnerships, and the communication of the plan's strategic vision throughout the company.
Your excellent interpersonal skills and adaptable communication style will be effective to collaborate across multiple regional and global internal teams and stakeholders, as well as when you're engaging and partnering with our clients. And let's not forget about your ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm and take a position when advocating for change and delivering on that. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Drive outstanding client engagement, in turn raising brand awareness and market impact of Bloomberg index solutions, through participation in relevant index conferences and panels
- Identify target market, competitive landscape and unique product offering that will allow Bloomberg to play a major role in benchmark provision in the region
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of index product offering within Bloomberg with expertise in Equity and Multi-Asset indices
- Interpret complex index methodologies, build financial models and back-test index ideas
- Create and pitch product ideas fulfilling the trends and client needs in APAC, as well as working with clients to implement custom index requests and co-develop custom index solutions, with the goal of developing a sustainable inbound pipeline from clients for innovative solutions
- Coordinate and work closely with teams to implement and automate indices in a robust and efficient manner, sourcing and mapping data requirements
- Identify key strategic partnerships opportunities to enable broader distribution of Bloomberg products, or co-development of products to meet the needs of our clients
If this sounds like you:
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
- Broad understanding of the index industry including key products, business dynamics, economic drivers, and critical connectivity partners across key market sub-segments
- Deep knowledge of Equity indices, product trends and proven track record in Equity and Multi-Asset benchmark development
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets, securities, and derivatives
- Experience with Python, R or VBA, used when working with large data sets
- Strong business development and marketing skills with clear views on product positioning and product adoption strategy
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound business plans
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new product ideas
- Broad understanding of regulations on financial indices and day-to-day governance determinations on index events
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/indices/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.