Data Analytics Standards Specialist
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
This position, based in Hong Kong, is in the Business Analytics department of BNPP Wealth Management Asia. The candidate will be part of a dedicated data analytics team, applying data science practices and methodologies to support business decision making in all aspects of the Bank's activities, ranging from client segmentation, sales management, staff productivity to applying predictive models for improving product targeting, leads conversion, optimising pricing and resource allocation. This role will focus on understanding business processes, data lineage, collection, transformation and aggregation, and ultimately, how it feeds into business decisions and actions.
1. Establish and maintain data and analytics standards
- Establish a framework to evaluate, execute, track and measure data analytics initiatives
- Define standards to govern data analytics life cycle activities relating to the development, documentation and maintenance of scripts / data artefacts
- Define and maintain data standards, definitions and business data glossary to improve business understanding and use of data
- Work with the analytics team to establish high standards in data acquisition, cleansing, transformation, modelling and presentation to ensure consistency and reproducibility
- Support the analytics team in the implementation of data governance and analytics standards
- Monitor adherence and provide regular status reports and presentations to stakeholders
- Plan and manage the scheduling, execution, review, delivery and distribution of analytics reports together with the analytics team
- Monitor and escalate quality issues and delivery slippages
- Engage business and IT stakeholders to obtain feedback
- Engage stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Acquire data from data lake / standard data sources
- Utilise business intelligence / analytics tools to extract data and structure results, with a focus on quick response
- Communicate the results
- At least 5 years analytical work experience, with strong understanding in data architecture, data quality management, metadata management and data analytics lifecycle processes
- Individuals with background in sales performance management, client segmentation, product campaign design in private banks will have a strong advantage
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Data Analytics or Management Information Systems
- Knowledge and experience in usage of data tools eg. R, Python, Business Objects and SQL is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint collaboration tools.
- Communication - Excellent communicator and collaborator with focus on execution
- Problem solving skills - ability to assess situations, verify facts, think creatively and engage resources outside their direct control to formulate and assess solution alternatives
- Organisation skills - strong logical, structured thinking and attention to details
- Interpersonal skills - ability to interact and collaborate with diverse teams, establish rapport and build trust