Data Manager, Asia Pacific Data Research and Strategy - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Data Manager, Asia Pacific Data Research and Strategy
. Principal responsibilities
- The role is a data management position focused on supporting the global, regional and local markets data management and data governance activities.
- Support the execution of Retail Banking Wealth Management Chief Data Office agenda and Group Data Management Office.
- Drive the move towards the long term goal of strategic and tactical information initiatives based on retail banking wealth management Chief Data Office vision covering Data Governance, Metadata Management, Data Quality, Data Protection and Data Infrastructure.
- Implement the Global Retail Banking Wealth Management Chief Data Office vision and objectives for country teams.
- Ensure that regional and local business owners are identified to be accountable for data quality, reference data standards, metadata management, data governance mechanisms exists to highlight potential data problem areas
- Implement approved proposed data management processes such as local Data Readiness to ensure they align to the Group Data Strategy and Standards.
- Assisting analysts in other departments regarding the usage of available information sources to satisfy their information requirements
- Identifying and disseminating best practices
- Work with a variety of information, data management and business professionals at various levels of expertise in establishing collaboration, content management, data consolidation, information delivery and data reuse strategies
- Proactively increase knowledge and awareness of technical and business trends, changes or advances and assess their impact to existing business applications
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Proven experience in marketing and or database management experience or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- Proven experience on communications, analytical, organizational, project management and planning skills.
- Experience in team management and working with regional teams or vendor is preferred
- Preferred experience with personal computer, Hadoop, SAS and UNIX, as well as pertinent analytical
- software packages or equivalent, including experience in handling large databases and strong SQL
- Structured Query Language and or SAS query writing and programming skills.
- A high degree of professional competence
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.