About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Bespoke Credit Solutions is a growth business in its early stages. Traders are required to spend an abnormal amount of time with MAG, QMR, IT and Project Managers on new product development. We are interested in bringing on a desk quant that would be able to provide the detailed specifications in a more timely manner. Through the course of time the desk quant would be able to transition into more traditional trading activities as we move into a more stable phase of the business.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Be the primary driver around new product development and the technology and models required. We have a big initiative around volatility trading that requires everything from volatility marking models through to correlation models. We have back to back structured products business that we want to start internalizing specific volatility risk. This would be the primary focus.
- We also would like to develop our swap models to include portfolio swap functionality. We have a large linear business that we need to expand functionality.
- We have a non recourse equity margin loan business that we would like to explore how to develop market risk gap models.
- Achieving assigned full year objectives as per annual P3 document.
- Accountable for setting achievable performance targets relating to business.
- Active performance monitoring - spot areas of underperformance and take corrective action.
- Substantial experience of and demonstrated success in structured equity financing in Asia and other markets.
- Must possess sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to manage geographically dispersed and highly varied customer and product.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers