Director of Strategic Venture Partnerships
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Manage the negotiation, definition, planning and delivery process of "non-traditional" strategic partnership opportunities with venture / technology companies identified by the Group in pursuing its advancement in innovation and broadening of its core business
Leading the partnership execution and delivery process by identifying and defining tangible strategic collaboration initiatives through working with relevant LBUs and Group Office Functions and facilitating delivery of partnership objectives thereafter
Over the last century, AIA has grown to become Asia's largest independent publicly listed life insurance group, with a presence in 18 markets across the Asia-Pacific region.
With the singular purpose of helping more and more people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives, we are passionate about empowering and enabling people to understand and manage their health, while meeting their long-term savings and protection needs. We believe that helping to create a healthier Asia is one of the most important and valuable things we can do for our communities, today and in the future.
The Strategic Ventures team in AIA is responsible for leading the charge of driving AIA into the new digital, technology and analytics enabled and customer centric future by identifying and working with the best-in-class and innovative partners. In the last two years alone, the SV team has enabled strategic partnerships with leading platforms such as Gojek, Shopee, Grab, Tiki, Touch & Go Digital, Practo and WeDoctor
As a key member of the team, you will have an opportunity to:
Identify > Initiate > Engage > Ideate > Collaborate > Structure Investments & Partnerships with innovative and digital businesses, ecosystems and platforms that can support AIA's vision of helping more people live healthier, longer, and better lives with focus on three key pillars: access to more consumers, enhancing and widening range of offerings and propositions to consumers and developing AIA's own capabilities internally.
Furthermore, you will have an opportunity to work together with other internal stakeholders from multiple local geographic markets as well group level subject matter experts.
- Facilitate and drive discussions in strategic collaboration workshops and meetings between strategic partners and relevant AIA internal stakeholders
- Co-develop strategic blueprints and business plans with strategic partners and relevant AIA internal stakeholders for strategic partnership delivery
- Support the design and prioritisation of relevant workstreams of business plan and Minimum Viable Proposition ("MVP") delivery
- Facilitate the preparation and / or review of strategic partnership documents, including due diligence assessments and management Q&A, business plans and project documentation
- Drive the transfer of partnership activities to the in-country teams / Group functions over an agreed delivery roadmap,
- Hold responsibility for the continuous knowledge transfer, coordination of input and interfacing between the strategic partner and AIA internal stakeholders to facilitate discussion on strategic pillars, proof of concepts and knowledge transfer
- Assist in the development of best practice tools and processes to support the development of compelling partnerships and business propositions
Experience: At least ten years' experience and track record, covering major Asian markets, in a:
- Tech and digitally enabled scale-up stage business with a role focussing on initiating, developing, and nurturing investments and commercial and strategic partnerships; or
- Digital arm / corporate development / corporate ventures arm of a traditional business, ideally in financial services and/or insurance, with a role focussing on initiating, developing and nurturing investments and strategic partnerships with digital and "non-traditional" platforms and ecosystems; or
- Tier 1 digital strategy consulting firm focussing on corporate innovation, digital transformation, venture building and other similar activities
- Academic: University graduate with an excellent academic record
- Excellent communication skills: engage, articulate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a clear and succinct way
- Teamwork: work collaboratively within the GCT team and alongside multiple cross-functional / disciplinary teams across different cultures and geographical markets
- Relationship Management: track record and ability to leverage existing network as well as originate, develop and grow relationships with and collaborate closely with strategic partners and internal stakeholders to delivery successful commercial outcomes for all stakeholders
- Creative, Innovative & Digitally Savvy: Intellectual curiosity, embraces technology and digital products and services; an innovative and strategic mindset to develop compelling and creative partnership solutions
- Sector Relevance: interest in and good understanding of the financial services and insurance landscape with a keen interest in fintech, insurtech and relevant adjacencies and ecosystems such as healthtech, wellness, etc.
- Strong business and commercial acumen particularly with a good understanding of the fundamentals of digital and tech enabled businesses
- Excellent analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills coupled with a growth mindset to continue learning and developing new skill sets and capabilities
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.