Equities Derivatives Marking and Analytics Java Developer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Equities Derivatives Marking and Analytics team (part of Equity Technology) is responsible for the full development and support of a variety of tools and platforms providing analytics, risk and pricing related capabilities for Equity derivatives trading and sales around the globe. You will work closely with trading to support them in their daily activities (marking, pricing, analytics...) but also with Quantitative Research teams to build the new generation of marking and analytics platforms and to fully decommission the legacy applications. This role will primarily involve coding in Java, with some Python and UI (React/JS) development. The team follows an Agile/Scrum development process with weekly sprint cycles, and it is a great opportunity to build experience in an industry-scale global process for software delivery and learn about Equity derivatives business. The role offers the following interesting opportunities:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Work with subject matter experts to develop solutions that meet business the business requirements.
- Develop stable, efficient, scalable services which integrate in the end to end processing of the derivative products.
- Design and code a significant amount of a robust, secure and efficient API to persist / retrieve data and implement the business logic
- An agile and delivery focused team working with global and local counterparts leveraging best in class technologies to solve business problems
- Close collaboration with a number of teams including Trading, Sales, Quantitative Research, as well as other technology teams
- Various business transformation projects across market/trade/client analytics, marking/publishing
Specific Technical skills:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a front office environment within financial services
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, bring innovative and new ideas to the table
- A solid foundation in computer science and software engineering principles
- Experience of the full project lifecycle (i.e. breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and providing effort estimation).
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies
- Comfortable multi-tasking with minimal supervision, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of the team
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices
- Ability to work effectively within a global team (spread across NA, EMEA, APAC etc.) while influencing and contributing towards the development of the global platform
- Strong, hands on experience with Java on performance critical applications
- Python & WebUI experience is desirable but not essential, as they will be learn on the job
- Knowledge of at least one database such as Sybase, Oracle, Mongo etc.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment processes
- Unix/Linux Knowledge