- Actively participate in Hong Kong and Regional Client Coverage Management Team and Transaction Banking Sales and contribute as relevant in the CCIB strategy formulation process which aims to maximise shareholder value, identifies and creates areas of competitive advantage and aligns to the overall strategy direction of the wider business.
- Responsible for management the implementation of Global, Regional and Country CCIB strategies within the region / country.
- Facilitates collaborative working across the Bank by working closely with product partners to ensure execution of Account Plans.
- Drive further franchise development and non-financing revenue growth.
- Responsible for origination to help deliver budgeted revenue growth for CCIB Hong Kong.
- Deepen strategic dialogue, global relationships, and product penetration and advisory.
- Identify new business opportunities and revenue pools whilst articulating how the product capabilities can solve for client needs and requirements.
- Work with and through the relevant implementation and operations teams to ensure successful and smooth delivery of solutions.
- Lead, direct and influence colleagues and partners to deliver the priorities.
- Articulate the client, risk and other relevant teams on how a proposed solution meets client needs, enable it to be more efficient, enable it to grow and scale its business mitigate its risks.
- Drive digitization agenda with clients. Understand client's digital road map.
- Lead the origination and client relationship management for Hong Kong origination clients and prospects, including setting overall client strategy and account plan.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the clients' needs and the markets in which they operate, across footprint market in Asia.
- Active engagement with senior executives within clients. Builds and nurtures relationships over time; recognises and addresses needs.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Front office, Risk, Legal and Compliance, FCC, COBAM, Operations and other key stakeholders.
- To provide strategic direction for the CCIB Transaction Banking business in Hong Kong.
- To work with Relationship Managers and other stakeholders for growing the cash management and working capital business in line within Global CCIB strategy and within risk parameters of the business.
- Advance the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process.
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objective (revenues and costs).
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance and credit risk.
People and Talent
- Responsible for delivery of agreed business performance targets for CCIB.
- Actively identify client needs across full set of SCB product capabilities, originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (e.g. international network, product expertise, etc).
- Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from 'transactional' reactive client coverage to consistent value-added partner advisor status. Anticipate clients' needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships, both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed personally and within the team.
- In coordination with key stakeholders and functional partners, create sales strategy for Transaction Banking for Cash and Working Capital of Hong Kong which support the Bank's vision.
- To manage and help the sales team to understand customers' businesses and to anticipate the requirements through consultative selling process.
- To undertake a disciplined product-oriented sales management process. To monitor, track and report on sales activity on a periodic basis and to ensure action is taken to meet sales targets.
- To ensure the team remains current in their product knowledge; provide technical product expertise and conduct joint calls to ensure joint sales goals are met, new revenue opportunities are identified and customer feedback on product and competition is obtained.
- To assist product management in the commercialization of strategic product rollouts.
- Bring strategic thought and vision as to how Hong Kong \ is changing and where areas of international growth lie relevant to the client portfolio.
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the markets in which our clients operate and footprint, strengthening SCB's competitive position in this field.
- Align agendas and stakeholders globally to create a long term efficient, scale-able business model whilst allowing adequate adaptation to meet local regulatory and business needs.
- Influence management of the balance-sheet for the benefit of the business and ensure the overall targets relating to budget and portfolio quality are cascaded to teams with appropriate product revenue, profit, volume, assets and liabilities targets are proactively managed.
Risk Management and Governance
- Lead and reinforce strategic change and ensure the organisation structure of people programs are aligned and geared towards supporting change.
- Role model effective change behaviour by being flexible and adaptive while maintaining focus.
- Provide effective leadership and management to direct reports and ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Ensure active communication of vision, priorities, and progress to the business to foster engagement, awareness and motivation.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people where appropriate and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports where appropriate and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Responsibility to review team structure / capacity plans.
- Accountable for all escalations from the Country to the Region, Group governance committees or risk control owners.
- Accountable for all governance of the CCIB processes allocated within the Group's process in Hong Kong.
- Accountable for audit and peer reviews in Hong Kong and responsible for audit readiness and preparation.
- Maintain understanding of the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute and, where possible, influencing policy formulation.
- Deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance', capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct and act as a role model for Conduct.
- Timely completion of all mandatory e-learning, attestations, compliance requirements and requests for information.
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with CCIB standards i.e. Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management, static data management as applicable as the role.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Works closely with CCIB Heads of Client Coverage, Transaction Banking Sales, Product Partners, key functional partners i.e., Credit, Legal, Compliance etc.of Relationship Managers to drive client conversation and sales pipeline.
- Liaise with Relationship Managers and support teams from strategic partner to address client needs.
- Interacts closely with Client Management and Product Management to define new client requirements and prioritise appropriately.
About Standard Chartered
- Bachelor degree in Business / Finance preferred; ideally 20+ years' banking experience.
- Previous experience in client management, Transaction Banking knowledge is preferred.
- Languages: English and Mandarin.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines to produce timely and high-quality work.
- Excellent teamwork / inter-personal / communication skills.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers