Our client is a well-established asset management company with a strong background in the China market. They have built a strong team in Hong Kong, with a good set up from frontline to middle and back. The team is expanding and looking for an Executive Director, Head of Risk Management with 3 subordinates in the team.
- Develop and maintain risk management policies and ORM framework. Ensure the company risk policies and practices are in full compliance with regulatory and other requirements as well as industrial best practices
- Manage the Market risk, Credit risk, Operational risk, as well as regulatory risk. Knowledge in Counterparty risk would be an advantage.
- Prepare operational risk incidents reports. Liaise with relevant parties to ensure that errors are rectified and effective controls are put in place to mitigate similar risks in future
- Develop and maintain a framework for capital allocation to maximize risk-adjusted returns and profitability at the various business levels and at the firm level
- Work closely with business/ support units to effectively manage operational risk in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal requirements
- Degree and/or progress towards a recognized professional qualification in Risk Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or another relevant area
- Detailed understanding of equities, fixed incomes, currencies and related derivatives risk management, portfolio construction, and trading
- Familiar with the operations of brokerage, asset management
- Minimum 15 years’ experience of relevant risk management experience and 5 years’ experience in buy-side
- Accustom to multitasking with the ability to prioritize
- Great quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English & Chinese. Proficient in Mandarin is an advantage
- CFA & FRM is preferred
*Personal data will only be used for recruitment purposes.