Executive Director & Head, Greater China Credit Flow Trading
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Grow meaningfully the secondary trading franchise of fixed income assets - Investment-Grade, High-Yield & Financials of issuers in Greater China ("China Credit") for Global Credit Trading
- Help deliver the strategic direction and performance of Credit Flow by working with Global Head, Flow Credit Trading
- Work with Sales, e-Sales, e-Trading, Research, Capital Markets, Technology and Syndication to execute initiatives to grow the broader Global Credit franchise
- Awareness and understanding of the strategy and business model of the larger Trading Group and Global Credit, as appropriate to the role
- Maximise total product income by ensuring effective end to end client identification, risk management, service and infrastructure
- Work in conjunction with other partners to ensure SCB has a best-in-class offering for the emerging market credit asset class especially China Credit
- Increase SCB's visibility by driving commercial, competitive pricing of credit trading for our clients
- Help manage the implementation of flow credit trading specific strategies and ensure that performance objectives and revenue goals are met and RWA targets managed
- Active performance monitoring - spot areas of underperformance and take corrective action
- To work in partnership with Credit Flow teams across ASIA, LATAM and EMEA to ensure that the flow trading product is value additive for clients and the bank
- Substantial experience in the banking industry, including demonstrated success in a similar role
- Must possess sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed and highly varied stakeholders
- At least 10 years of relevant experience across credit trading in Asia and other markets
- At least 5 years of experience of trading China Credit
- Strong communication skills in both English and Chinese
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.