Finance, Fixed Income Product Controller, Associate (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Feb 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division is the guardian of the Firm?s books and records, managing the Firm's financial and capital resources, preparing financial and regulatory reports and designing and executing on tax strategies. In addition, Finance acts as an advisor and partner to the business units and Firm management by providing review, analysis and advisory services.
The division is largely composed of the Financial Control Group (FCG), Treasury and Tax departments, but also includes Investor Relations, Financial Planning and Analysis and Finance Strategy, Operations and Technology. The coverage model for Finance is global in nature, reflecting the structure of the Firm. Core services are provided using a matrix model, servicing both businesses and geographies.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarises, plans and
forecasts the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The FXEM Macro Trading Product Control team is part of the Fixed Income Controllers Group. The immediate team consists of 2 persons in Hong Kong with a deployed team in Mumbai supporting the report production aspect of the role.
The team's overall role is to provide financial analysis and business performance metrics to support senior management decision making. This encompasses daily revenue analysis, profitability and balance sheet reporting plus liquidity, funding, capital and ROE analysis. The team is also responsible for signing off the month end financial statements and presentation of these to firm management and external auditors/regulators. FXEM Macro desk covers FX products and IR and Cross Currency swap products. This is a key role as these Business Units are integral part of Morgan Stanley's AP Fixed Income trading division.
The role has standard daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables as well as a significant amount of ad hoc queries.
The role covers:
- Production: Managing the team?s output in terms of financial statement information produced in Mumbai and distribution of this information to the business unit and internal clients
- Control: Attesting to regulators and auditors on the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements
- Business Performance: Managing the production of monthly business packs for desk heads
- Accounting: Working with accounting policy to address any accounting questions that arise from new trade bookings
- Client Relationship Management: Maintenance of internal client networks in the Business Unit and other divisions
- Balance Sheet, Liquidity & Funding: production / development of monthly reports
- Ad Hoc: Projects and Queries as raised by senior Finance and Business Unit management
The candidate should be a graduate and preferably a qualified accountant with a minimum of 3-5 years of product control experience.
Other requirements include:
- Experience in Product Control - Fixed Income would be preferable.
- Attention to detail and accuracy to ensure close control of the P&L reported.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of emerging industry trends such as Basel capital rules and central clearing.
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation
- Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically a strong command in Excel and PowerPoint