Fund Manager Research - Fixed Income
- Competitive Base + Bonus HKD
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Westbourne Partners
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Our client is the leading provider of manager research in Asia and offers independent, trusted information on managed fund products across Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan.
Manager Research has a requirement for a Research Analyst to play a key role in researching fund managers that oversee managed funds available in cross-border markets. The research process involves critically analyzing fund managers, writing research reports, managing relationships with fund managers, and work on various consulting assignments.
- To research and critically assess fund managers and their products that are primarily managed in Asia, with a focus on fixed income funds.
- To write succinct and reader friendly research reports
- To play a lead role in fund manager interviews
- To play a lead role in formulating and justifying our opinions on investment strategies
- To manage ad-hoc analytical assignments on investments, managed funds and products
- To write articles including sector wrap up reports and talking points.
- To undertake other administrative, research and/or analytical work as required
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in an analytical capacity, ideally but not necessarily gained within a financial services environment.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a finance or business-related discipline, with an interest in pursuing CFA or other relevant postgraduate studies.
- A solid understanding of Asian fixed income markets would be viewed favourably.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to think and write creatively.
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised together with the ability to priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Proactive aptitude to building effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and acting as a representative of Morningstar.
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical skills.
- Written and spoken in English and Mandarin is highly preferred