The Hong Kong Student Work Placement is for students looking for work experience with a leading global bank. The placement provides opportunities to gain some hands-on experience over six months, and develop your knowledge of banking and financial services.
For: Hong Kong SAR nationals from a recognised Hong Kong or overseas university. Preferably undergraduate students, from any degree disciplines, graduating in 2024, 2025 or 2026
Duration: Six months
Areas: *Commercial Banking, Wealth and Personal Banking, and Global Functions
Start date: July 2023
Location: Hong Kong
Applications open: 1 December 2022
Applications close: 17 April 2023
*Please note that roles will be based in:
- Commercial Banking - Business Banking, Global Trade and Receivables Finance, Client Coverage and Wholesale Chief Operating Office
- Wealth and Personal Banking - Chief Operating Office, Insurance, Digital Platform and Customer Experience
- Global Functions - Finance, Audit, Legal, Risk and Compliance
Find out more about working in Commercial Banking , Wealth and Personal Banking , and Global Functions .
We encourage you to apply for this programme as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
What to expect
- Be available to work full-time between July 2023 and December 2023
- Preferably undergraduate students from any degree discipline graduating in 2024, 2025 or 2026
- Have well-developed language skills in English (Cantonese and Putonghua would be advantageous)
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Hong Kong SAR nationals who have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Work placements generally last around six months and may be eligible for credit equivalencies, subject to university requirements.
You can expect practical experience that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the placement, you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills. Learning, development and support
The placement will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
You will have the opportunity to build your skills and banking knowledge in a real working environment and to take on responsibilities in a selection of interesting projects. Our people
View all related people View all
- Sammy Wong
Senior Credit Risk Manager, Global Risk