IT Business Analyst
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description IT Business Analyst Hong Kong The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering IT Business Analyst with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife Hong Kong is seeking a self-motivated IT Business Analyst, who is obsessed with delivering value, is forward-thinking, and improves business analysis process. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Thorough understanding of individual insurance products, operations and processes
- Experience in life insurance policy admin system enhancement
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills necessary to support deep dives into business operational problems and able to evaluate impacts and opportunities
- Well organized and attentive to details with the ability to craft the detailed operational flow and requirements
- Disciplined with project scheduling and flexible with working hours
- Self initiated and have a strong drive to learn
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel and good understanding of SQL
- Ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both verbal and written communication in English
- Experience and knowledge in complicate testing execution and support
- Minimum 5 years' work experience with insurance
Our commitment to you
- Review and analyze requests from business users and work collaboratively to understand company priorities and ensure alignment with company goals
- Produce detailed user requirement documents and specifications supported by business/operation flow, and mock-ups for proposed solutions
- Build consensus and facilitate discussion with related stakeholders, business partners and IT development teams
- Participate in project planning from project initiation to closure and responsible for tracking requirement and testing progress
- Review test strategy and test plan prepared by testing team, and manage test execution to ensure the end product meets the business objectives
- Act as an internal business system area expert and champion
- Provide quality system training to business users
- Own, investigate and resolve system and project issues
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .