IT Network Administrator (F5), Associate level
The EC Web Service team is part of the Enterprise Computing Organization of Morgan Stanley. Our global team operates the core infrastructure supporting Application Delivery and Web hosting across Morgan Stanley, providing services to both internal and external clients. Our infrastructure includes F5/A10 Load Balancer environment, Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, Windows IIS servers, and in-house web-hosting platform. It is a large-scale and complex plant with highly automated tooling and intelligence built in. Most recently the team adopts best practise of Agile/Devops and is in the transition to SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) model.
This role is for the load balancer Level 3 team that responsible of the firm wide load balancing infrastructure with primary vendor F5 BigIP and some A10.
Our day-to-day responsibilities also include:
- Supporting a high number of load balancing devices( F5 BigIP and A10) and application flows in an enterprise environment providing cloud-like experience for developers
- Analyze the infrastructure requirements for Enterprise Business applications and providing the required applications support for the production Environments.
- Using sophisticated network tooling to address network connectivity issues, fault analysis, failure avoidance, and the diagnosis and resolution of any other functionally impacting issues in distributed systems environments
- Address L2 escalations and manage production outages.
- Manage large scale upgrade or migration project
- Participating Agile stand-up meeting and working on tasks under Kanban/Sprint model
- Process improvement, automation, scripting
- Writing technical documentation, providing training to users