IT Production Engineer
- HKD55000 - HKD80000 per month
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 05 Jul 18 2018-07-05
Covering Application Support, DevOps and Development. It is with one of the worlds leading Hedge funds. Looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic candidate that is able to operate on all levels of the production environment, from troubleshooting an application issue to deep investigation into SQL performance issues. Aside from support there will be coding, scripting, automation and infrastructure projects. The salary shown is a guideline. The right candidate will be extremely well rewarded.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest levels of systems availability, which are comprised of mostly proprietary front and back office applications.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the applications, the business and technical workflows.
- Prioritising and identifying root causes of issues, suggesting solutions upstream where appropriate.
- Acts as escalation contact for mission critical & revenue generating applications and drive solutions with complete end-to-end ownership.
- Work closely with development and support staff members both locally and abroad to solve problems and provide solutions.
- To contribute ideas, and sometimes implement, ways to improve the monitoring and support of the critical components for our systems globally.
- Participate in global support model.
- Broker FIX session on-boarding and testing.
- Some IT infrastructure support including mobile devices, desktops, servers, network, phones, and facilities.
- Remotely support a Mainland Chinese office with occasionally travel to the site.
- Assist with Business Continuity Planning - tests and management of BCP risk.
- Light development work and task automation.
- Degree studies in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or relevant certifications/experience.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Mandarin is a requirement, with Cantonese as a plus.
- Experience in managing production systems and applications built on Windows Servers, Unix/Linux, Web technologies, Active Directory and TCP/IP protocols.
- Strong analytic and customer service skills with sound problem solving, judgement and decision-making skills.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and documentation skills. Capable of understanding and relating issues to both business users and developers.
- Knowledge of Git/Gitflow a plus.
- Experience with ITRS' Geneos a plus.
- Able to work independently through backlog items with minimal management.
- Experience in the financial industry a plus.
- SQL experience a plus (ability to execute SQL troubleshooting procedures, analyse SQL code and results from SQL queries)
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Paul Byrne at Robert Walters on +852 2161 9452 or Paul.Byrne@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference IBY/716290