Index Applied Research
- Depends on Experience
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- MSCI Hong Kong Ltd
- 04 Sep 18
MSCI is now looking for an exceptional candidate to join the Asia Index Applied Research group.
Applied Research is a client centric research group with a broad mandate to write and speak about asset allocation and global investing trends that are most relevant for our diverse client base. The group utilizes MSCI and Barra data and analytics to offer research insights through publications, speaking engagements, and client / prospect meetings.
Scope of Responsibility
The successful candidate will:
- Represent MSCI Asset Allocation, Global Investing and Index (mostly equities but not exclusively) research in client and prospect meetings with a key focus in Asia
- Be an ambassador for current and upcoming research initiatives through speaking engagements at industry events, MSCI research conferences, and client/prospect meetings
- Write research papers on current asset allocation and global investing themes that leverage MSCI and Barra index data and models
- Work within a global team on asset allocation and investment problems raised by clients around the world. Clients may include Institutional investors like public and corporate plans, endowments, but also Asset Managers and ETF providers, as well as large financial adviser organizations.
- Ability to provide strategic insight and effective in conducting research discussions at the C- level
- Help formulating and implementing research agenda including new index product development and index applied research efforts in Asia
- A minimum 10 years professional experience for a financial services firm, preferably within institutional asset management
- In-depth knowledge of asset allocation and portfolio management
- Possesses broad industry contact and visibility within the asset owners and asset manager community in Asia
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in writing research reports
- Familiarity with Analytics platforms like Factset or Barra is a plus
- Research team management experience
- Graduate (PhD preferred) degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics. CFA is a plus
- Strong English/Mandarin communication skills allowing for interaction with a diverse set of clients is preferred