Internal Audit Manager
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Internal Audit Manager, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Hong Kong // Hong Kong.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Role Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for leading and managing the provision of internal audit and related advisory services for the Branch's activities. In this regard, the incumbent will develop the annual internal audit plan for the Branch for review by Group Internal Audit Division and subsequently ensure the timely implementation/ execution of the plan in line with applicable best practices, including but not limited to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA).
The responsibility includes also the follow-up of issues raised by Group Internal Audit Division and preparation of status reports, review of Policies and Procedures and conduct investigations/special assignments as and when requested. The role will also extend to the secondary responsibilities assigned to the incumbent in terms of specific audit activities/ functions/ departments and special projects, as assigned by his superiors, in addition to his primary responsibility. The position requires sufficient expertise and knowledge to focus/ monitor a wide range of risks in their countries business. Role Description:
- Ensure effectiveness of adopted policies/ procedures adherence to regulatory and statutory requirements, and safeguarding of the Branch's assets.
- Add value to the functions/ activities performed by the Audit Tasks Section by identifying instances/ risks that entail probable financial loss or regulatory non-compliance that could result in monetary penalties/ reputation damage
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities by highlighting process inefficiencies
- Ensure adequate coverage of the Branch's activities in the annual audit plan to provide assurance to the relevant executive management on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls in place within the respective department/ function and add value to improve the functioning of the various activities performed by the referenced department/ function, as and where applicable.
- Provide timely feedback/ information to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity on queries, reports and other correspondence.
- Liaise with the relevant officials from Country Regulators as and when required and provide clarifications/ responses to queries/ reports/ other correspondence received.
- Liaise with the external auditors of the bank to ensure that they complement the efforts of the Internal Audit and avoid duplication of effort. This will involve meetings with the external auditors to discuss the planned audit work, the exchange of working papers, audit reports and management letters, and to ensure common understanding of audit techniques, methods and terminology.
- Manage the relationships with the Branch's executive management and obtain their inputs/ concerns on the various functions/ activities pertaining to the Branch including significant developments therein, which could have an impact on the annual audit plan for the Branch.
- Prepare an annual audit for submission to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity for his review/comments and approval, based on the risk assessment conducted for the Branch and in line with its overall strategy.
- Ensure timely implementation and execution of the approved annual audit plan as well as the completion of the same within the assigned period. Ensure that periodical audit implementation status reports, supported by time management reports explaining any significant variances in performance against the approved annual audit plan and budget, are submitted to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity for his information and review.
- Ensure the introduction and continued adherence to internal auditing best practices including but not limited to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA) and other leading audit. Ensure that the audit planning, fieldwork and reporting stages are conducted in consonance with the procedures/ guidelines contained in the internal audit manual. Also, make recommendations to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity on the amendments to the approved internal audit manual, in line with best practices.
- Escalate promptly (on interim basis if required) any major issues/ significant concerns emerging from the areas/ functions audited, to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity for his review/ action to enable timely rectification/ resolution of the highlighted issues.
- Utilize appropriate audit software procured by Group Internal Audit
- Monitoring, on overall basis, the post-audit follow-up of audit reports and ensure compliance with recommendations.
- Submit his own performance appraisal to the Principal Specialist -International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity on timely basis in accordance with the laid down policy in this regard.
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group's goals/objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external auditors and the Compliance function as and when required
- University graduate (Bachelor's degree) preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Mathematics, or Accounting, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a major bank or leading audit firm.
- Professional Audit qualifications such as CIA / CMA / CPA / CA/ ACCA / CISA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Local Countries language (Arabic preferred).
- Adequate legal and documentation background.
- Adequate knowledge of various banking products and services and the related operations.
- Knowledge of Basel Committee best practices pertaining to banking operations.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking operations/ systems and pertinent regulatory requirements Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail and the ability to persuade others.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
- Knowledge of applicable International Accounting and Auditing Standards and related pronouncements.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV