Investment Bank - Market Data Services - Business Functional Analyst - Associate
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team:
The Market Data Services (MDS) team is responsible for the end-to-end provisioning and deactivation of market data across Deutsche Bank. This includes the data and financial management of market data products used by Deutsche Bank employees (e.g. Bloomberg, Refinitiv, FactSet). This data allows traders and Business users across the Bank to know the latest price and see historical trends for instruments such as equities, fixed-income products, derivatives and currencies. The MDS team globally supports ~12,000 users across 43 countries.
MDS are working to implement a cohesive and efficient market data strategy for Deutsche Bank. The aim is to execute that strategy across the Bank with the clear objective of reducing market data costs. This will require working closely in conjunction with external vendors and all internal functions including global sourcing and infrastructure. What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Competitive Salary and non-contributory pension
- 20 days annual leave plus generous number of public holidays
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including retail discounts, gym benefits, wellbeing incentives
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR program plus take volunteering leave days
Your skills and experience:
- Interact with different teams in Market Data Service to gather requirements and help the automation and process improvement transformations; Central point of contact for market data advice regarding data access requirements.
- Develop, enhance analytics reports and troubleshoot the reporting environment; Train end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Evaluate changes and updates to source production systems
- Regular interaction with Business Managers to review market data cost reduction initiatives;
- Review, manage and approve market data requests across applications and desktops
- Manage and coordinate vendor activity such as trials, demos and training; Manage vendor data notifications of future changes impacting data policies and pricing.
- Evaluate potential new solutions/products and implement to reduce costs; Regular reporting on cost reduction and product displacement programs.
- Review existing market data access across divisions to establish the current data usage requirements across applications and desktops
- Distribute analysis and reporting of usage to establish key requirements and metrics to support and assist contract negotiations
- Relationship management of strategic vendors including Exchanges and Brokers as well as business stakeholders.
How we'll support you:
- Working knowledge of writing SQL for data extraction and joining of data sets from relational databases or some programming experience
- Previous Market Data knowledge ideally within large financial institution or investment bank; or work experience as a data analyst or in related field is preferred
- Banking industry and vendor knowledge with previous experience in a demanding and results driven environment
- A fast learner with strong analytical and logical thinking
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English with influencing ability to develop and maintain effective relationships internally and externally
- Independent self-starter, customer focused with good interpersonal skills
- Result-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced and pressured environment
- Use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.