Lead Infrastructure Reliability Engineer
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description Lead Infrastructure Reliability Engineer Hong Kong The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Lead Infrastructure Reliability Engineer with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Good to have
- 10+ experience in managing Windows or/and Linux server management such as provisioning, scripting, platform hardening, patching etc.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge on infrastructure services provisioning, security concepts, best practices on the IaaS so as to support the middleware and database built.
- Experience with compliance and audit activities for enforcement of policies, standards and procedures
- Familiarity with scripting and programming (batch, PowerShell, shell script and VB etc.)
- Experience with IT transformation, cloud migrations
- Understanding of and experience with ITIL processes
- A solid understanding of risk, security, and compliance requirements and best practices
- Good understanding of networking infrastructure and network troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, DHCP, Load balancing, Replication, SSH)
- Able to support enterprise infrastructure and assist in the day-to-day operation of the team
- Strong and reliable team player with the ability to manage change and work independently
- Passion on adopting and testing the cloud and new IT technology
- Good collaborative attitude, willingness to work and share knowledge/information with team members
- Solid understanding of project scheduling and task driven project work
- Strong communication and technical skills, prior experience with mentoring teams and working in a process driven environment
- Effective troubleshooting/ problem solving skills
- Able to deliver the job on time by prioritizing the tasks/problems.
On the job you will:
- Solid experience in Azure cloud environment management such as PAAS/IAAS deployment, NSG/Policy/RBAC changes, etc.
- Cloud or related domain certification is preferred
- Good knowledge in Chef and Terraform coding is an advantage
Our commitment to you
- Build the delivery team capability on team skill set to manage the new POC as well as cloud provisioning automation and solution delivery.
- Support some of the hands-on cloud platform operation including patching, incident management, change implementation in non-office hours according to roster schedule if run team
- Deliver business cloud solution by implementing the cloud resources (provisioning, hardening, etc.)
- Review the alert/log/threshold from report and identify the performance/error and report to users
- Standardize the runbook and train up the less experienced engineer to execute the regular cloud tasks
- Create, maintain the operational/technical documentation
- Build coding for platform automation and scripting for the runbook to 7x24 monitoring/engineering team.
- Conduct new cloud product testing, runbook, and packing as cloud service offering to business users.
- Plan and execute necessary controls/activities for infrastructure changes.
- Assist to plan, implement and review the capacity planning (any limits) for resources and report/recommend to management if required.
- Execute the DR/DR drill for different markets according to local compliance and BCP requirement.
- Support the architecture team to support their design and configure the enterprise system landscapes
- Provide on-call support by responding to support calls both during and after business hours
- Participate in DR drills
- Participate and coordinate with Cloud operation/strategy with Headquarter
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .