Major Incident Manager - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Major Incident Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Monitor and drive the delivery and support of systems and services in compliance with Group IT service quality standard through incident management process
- Manage and resume IT delivered services from a disrupted state as quickly as possible.
- Communicate recovery progress and impact status to stakeholders
- Support the implementation of service quality policy, standard, tools and measures
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring.
- Provide day to day support and control in specific incident management function
- Promote and drive the continuous improvement in incident management process.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to translate technical details into language that can be understood by a wide range of interested parties.
- High quality verbal communication skills that enable the role holder to quickly and efficiently convey the impact of IT incidents and summarise complex technical recovery actions.
- The ability to consistently demonstrate analytical qualities that allow the role holder to understand complex situations quickly, constructively and appropriately challenge recovery decisions to ensure that we optimise recovery timeframes.
- Accomplished facilitation skills are required to enable the role holder to coordinate virtual teams conducting recovery actions in pressured situations, following processes that ensure recovery is achieved as quickly as possible, managing any associated risks and performing vertical escalation to Executive Management teams as appropriate.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.