Manager and Actuary, Actuarial Analytics - HSBC Insurance
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 06 Sep 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong’s largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager and Actuary, Actuarial Analytics.
In this role, you will
- Review the valuation basis and assumptions to ensure they meet the applicable standards
- Develop methodology and basis for latest standards, group requirement, and products
- Develop and perform experience studies
- Perform sensitivity and stress test results for reporting and management information purpose
- Perform stress test on projected balance sheet in response to request from regulator
- Communicate and provide support to senior management and other teams
- Ensure the process control on deliverable is robust and aligned with market best practice
- Support ad hoc project in financial reporting
- Ensure the team is equipped with proper actuarial and financial skills
- Build up team member's self initiative and knowledge to assist in identification of key risk factors
- Plan ahead for foreseeable tasks. Manage the schedule for routine jobs.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Degree in Actuarial Science or related field
- Extensive years of experience in insurance industry
- Experience in international financial reporting standards valuation will be a plus
- Equipped with financial and accounting acumen to understand and communicate actuarial impact to financial reporting
- Equipped with strong communication, analytical and technical skills
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads and senior managers
- Ability to articulate complex and technical information in layman and concise ways
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009R5G
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited