Portfolio Services Manager - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Portfolio Services Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide a single portfolio view of change programmes and projects in the Bank, providing the broader Transformation team as well as Global Business and Global Functions
- Executive with a clear understanding of the portfolio profile, the expected or realised benefits, portfolio status and demand and supply
- Providing specific insights over and above the data aggregation view on cross portfolio dependencies and impacts to Global Business and Global Functions
- Based on the numbers provided by the Finance Department, centralize and provide explanations on variations in performance targets and measures across Global Business and Global Functions
- Support discussions between Transformation Functional Transformation Head and Global business and Global Function to ensure alignment with strategy and that the portfolio can be delivered in terms of demand and supply, financials, time and benefits realisation
- Actively facilitate portfolio and cross portfolio prioritization process working alongside the between Transformation Functional Transformation Heads
- Facilitate the resource demand and supply management process by forecasting and managing demand via the Order Book
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the Executive Management Team via Senior Portfolio Managers to support critical decision making
- Drive transparency on all change portfolios' performance, tracking milestones, costs and benefits against targets and provide explanations on variations in performance targets and measures to enable achievement of objectives
- Communicate to Portfolio Management Centre of Excellence any needed changes to the portfolio prioritisation and reporting frameworks desired by Global Business and Global Functions
- Act as the main facilitator of the portfolio prioritisation process, including programmes and projects in-flight
- Coordinate periodic reviews with relevant Global Business and Global Functions of the Portfolio Reports to review the portfolio picture and assess do ability
- Reviewing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new processes.
- Reviewing risks borne of noncompliance to programme and project management standards, policies and best practice
- Facilitating the support activities required to support executive decision making on the change portfolio
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Sound knowledge of Project Portfolio Management concepts as well as Portfolio GPMO processes and methods, project management tools and processes
- Excellent understanding of Global Transformation frameworks, methodologies and best practice
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, culture and fundamentals of the Global Transformation
- Good understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Good understanding and operational knowledge of Global Transformation toolset, specifically Clarity and GPDM
- Evidence of confidently operating at an Executive level
- Proven ability to lead cross geographical teams
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Proven ability to develop strong networks with key stakeholders at all points in the global matrix, creating an ability to execute task at hand with minimum conflict
- Strong understanding, analysing, interpreting and working with information both financial or non-financial and, variance reporting
- Strong experience in delivering strategic portfolio management activities, being able to influence a complex and diverse stakeholder environment
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.