Product Support Representative
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- FIS Global
- 15 Jan 19
Product Support Representative
Working as an integral member of the FIS Insurance Client Services teams, the Service Desk Analyst will be the initial point of contact for our customers who are seeking technical and functional support with the Prophet suite of applications, which is the FIS Insurance solution for Risk Management.
The Service Desk Analyst will be responsible for assessing and analysing the nature of each customer query and working with the wider team to provide appropriate technical solutions. FIS Insurance (formerly SunGard iWorks) Prophet has a worldwide base of over 950 life insurance, banking and other financial services customers who depend on Prophet for their business-critical actuarial calculations. Prophet consists of a suite of software solutions which provide actuarial modelling functionality for use in the life, general, health and pensions lines of business. The FIS Insurance team provides application support, product development and consulting services to Prophet customers worldwide.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting clients in resolving application issues related to the Prophet suite of products and other FIS Insurance products
- Problem solving and assessment of actuarial and technical support cases
- Diagnosis and resolution of tier-1 cases with the expectation to grow to handle tier-2 cases
- Provide basic installation and licensing support to customers
- Working with clients to help them get the most out of Prophet and other associated applications
- Recommend customer training or consulting support where required
- Make infrastructure recommendations to clients most suited to their modelling and needs
- Contribute to the service desk online knowledge base of solutions and online support documentation
- Work with other teams to meet service level agreements and customer satisfaction targets
- Maintain regular and clear communication with the client throughout the support lifecycle regarding case status and information
- Maintain close working relationships with second line support team, onsite technical and actuarial consultants, other geographically dispersed support staff and the actuarial and system development teams based globally (but most in the UK).
What you bring:
- 3-years + experience in a technical role in a software/technology environment such as desktop support, technical customer service.
- Ideally, degree educated with a focus on technology, computer science, mathematics; actuarial science or actuarial knowledge is a plus - but not essential.
- Customer service, team focus, and communication are key elements of the role.
- Fluency in verbal and written both Chinese and English to the professional level is advantageous as you will be focused in managing Chinese customer base, and depends on caseload this may extend to worldwide support. You will also be required to provide some translation between FIS Support Team and Chinese customer base.
- Knowledge of basic IT environments, hardware, and technology (servers, networks, virtualization and cloud).
- Experience with Microsoft desktop and/or Server technologies.
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Working knowledge of diagnostic utilities (desirable)
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL a plus (desirable, not essential)
- Knowledge or experience of working with insurance or with actuarial software, processes, and methods (desirable)