SCD APAC IT Software Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- UBS AG
- 21 Sep 17
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
- analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- work within a feature or component development team delivering with quality core features
- take responsibility for ensuring the delivery of you and your peers work meets the department quality standards
- be partially accountable for the end product and the modularity of its architecture
- guide and mentor other members of your and other development teams
- further the knowledge and enthusiasm of software engineering techniques with your peers
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Securities Operation IT Development team in Hong Kong, developing all the systems involved in the post-trade processing of Securities transactions globally. Over the past few years, we have been leading the way in engineering our applications using cutting-edge software development techniques, providing a template for delivery across the globe, and providing a strategic platform for other product lines.
Your experience and skills
- a proven track record of Java software development
- an in-depth working knowledge of the Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- a working knowledge of Oracle or similar RDBMS and Unix/Linux
- excellent communication skills
- experience with automated testing techniques and agile methodologies
- strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- able to guide team members operating in an agile development methodology
- committed to the use of engineering practices that support rapid delivery in a fast-paced environment
- passionate about test driven software engineering and continuous delivery techniques– able to build relationships and build trust across a global organization, working independently and with the team to work efficiently with stakeholders
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.