SVP, Control Assurance Head - Consumer Banking
The Compl Bus Control Group Mgr is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Oversees the building and maintaining the control/audit function working across a region/business
- Responsible for, inventory management process, vendor business support and TPISA controls for Recovery.
- Leads team to develop process improvements and value for end users via control team.
- Leads continual assessment and improvement of the 3rd party Vendor oversight processes to include oversight of onsite and remote audits for 3rd parties, and ensuring compliance with Third Party policies .
- Responsible for strategic planning, budgeting and policy formulation for the group including capacity planning and team development.
- Responsible for interaction and thought leadership in working with both Internal Audit and External regulators, and ownership of quarter end control results reviews with Collections Leadership and Business Partners.
- Responsible for change control process oversight for Collections and Recovery as well as oversight for multiple quality monitoring/quality control work.
- Collaborate on changes and to internal and regulatory policies as well oversight for Compliance monitoring and testing.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of prior experience in regulatory compliance related work - Internal Audit, Risk management, Internal Procedures and Controls required
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally exercising leadership through influence, persuasion and negotiation
- Exemplary thought leadership skills; able to build and lead strategic initiatives
- Excellent relationship management skills
- History of interactions with both Internal and External Regulators
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
The candidate should also be familiar with branch operations and consumer bank products and services. Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting