Senior Associate/ Associate Director - Credit Product Specialist
Senior Associate/Associate Director - Credit Product Specialist
The role will require you to serve in a 'specialist' capacity, developing and exhibiting expertise across a range of products within the Credit Risk Solutions suite. Additionally, possessing a healthy understanding of the regional and global macroeconomic landscape while bridging across the broader Market Intelligence solution set (CapIQ/MI Desktop, DMS, ESG etc.) connecting the dots within the firm will be beneficial. The Grade:
G10/G11 (For internal reference only) The Location:
Hong Kong/ Korea What is in it for you:
As a member of the Asia Pacific Credit Product Specialist team, you will have exposure to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders across all segments. This is an excellent progression opportunity to gain experience and exposure across the broad Credit Risk domain. You will be required to further leverage your experiences and transferable skills, while adding a core focus on fixed income analytics and data, fundamental credit risk, S&P Ratings/data/methodology, the capital markets and regional regulation. Senior members of the team are incentivized to invest time into advancing your skill set, which will lead to greater independence, autonomy and contributions to the firm overall. Responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Develops market-led campaigns and tactical initiatives across client segments to increase market awareness and drive revenue growth;
- Representing a range of credit products and solutions offered by Market Intelligence business unit, that includes RatingsDirect, RatingsXpress, Credit Analytics, Scorecards, CreditPro and LCD to our clients across Investment Management, Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Insurance Companies and Corporations. Maintain a keen awareness of competitors and relative strengths;
- Engage in external conversations as a subject matter expert in of the the firm's credit risk offering, that includes S&P credit ratings, research, IP linked datasets as well as quantitative credit and scoring models
- Work alongside the team on projects and initiatives, including but not limited to conducting research on companies or individuals for meetings, participating in lead qualification and early-stage diagnostic conversations. Participate in and oversees collaboration with commercial, product and other functional partners;
- Ability to design and lead complex negotiations of client workflow solutions. Focuses on more sophisticated and complex clients engagements;
- Provide a tactical view of commercial strategy and help design and execute pre-sales/post-sales implementation plans;
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Bachelor's Degree in business, corporate finance, commerce or related subjects, a CFA or FRM qualification would be advantageous
- Understanding of fundamental credit risk analysis and credit markets gained via 2-4 years practical experience within a credit risk analyst or adjacent role within credit investment management, insurance, commercial banking or consulting.
- A willingness and aptitude to learn, approach challenges creatively, ask questions and conduct independent research in creating a potential solution in response to a client requirement, question or problem
- Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments
- Strong communication, organization and presentation skills. For the position in Korea - Fluency in both English and Korean a must, knowledge of a third Asian language will be a plus. For the position in Hong Kong, Fluency in English and Chinese language, knowledge of a third Asian language will be a plus.
- Confidence in meetings, presentations and interacting with peers and other members of the Commercial organization
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
- Proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261461 Posted On:
Central, Hong Kong