PRC Macro is looking for a Senior China Commodities Analyst to help build out our a new analytical product. This will include assisting in the hiring of a new team and leading engagement with top-tier global financial firms.
PRC Macro is an established independent macro political advisory firm focusing on China. We work with hedge funds and large institutional managers to provide thematic research and investment ideas for correlated asset classes. Detailed policy analysis is key to our research process.
This is a great opportunity for an enterprising commodities research analyst to be part of building out a new product that expands on our existing coverage of macro and industrial policy and commodities markets. This is an entrepreneurial role as much as it is an analytical one, which will be reflected in the compensation structure. This role is intended for Hong Kong but location is flexible.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Issue monthly market outlooks and produce regular policy and sector research on coal, copper, iron ore, steel and other onshore commodities markets.
- Manage client engagement and inquiries with the assistance of our sales team.
- Work with our sales and product teams to develop a standalone China commodities offering, including the hiring of junior analysts and other support staff.
- Represent PRC Macro at global industry and company sponsored events. Some travel required.
- Work with sales team to achieve annual sales and client retention goals.
- Economics or finance degree desirable.
- At least 5-7 years prior work experience with a comparable sell-side or independent research firm covering China policy, commodities and financial markets.
- Mandarin language skills, particularly reading, essential.
- Strong writing and data analysis skills essential.
- Previous client facing experience with the ability to present ideas clearly.