Our client, one of the leading Global Insurers, is currently embarking on a large Regional Transformation and technical upgrade which includes a ‘move to cloud’ and Network Refresh. Due to this and the goal of continual expansion and growth, they are looking for a seasoned Infrastructure Professional who will lead an Engineering team in managing the core infrastructure and associated programs and initiatives. This will be also heavily focused on Cloud migration activities, but also owning the VMware, Windows and Linux systems and environments. Strong overall Infrastructure experience is needed, including Public Cloud providers such as AWS/Azure.
Requirements of the role:
- Have overall responsibility for the management of the core Group Infrastructure and associated initiatives including the adoption of Cloud.
- Work with key stakeholders to design, develop and build strategic Infrastructure solutions in line with Organisational goals.
- Lead a team of server Engineers to support Group systems and operations, as well as play a key role in the Cloud Infrastructure integration process.
- Play a key role in managing, designing, and architecting the new On-Prem servers and storage administration.
- Constantly evaluate new system products and solutions that could create improvements around the Region, which will ultimately benefit the end-user.
- Work with other team leaders to plan and create new solutions which enhance the level of service and operations, especially around the migration to Cloud.
- Lead the department ensuring IT Systems and fulfilling compliance and security requirements.
- Work on establishing strong relationships with major vendors and integrators to create potential opportunities to improve the level of technology offerings.
- Put in place continuous service improvement plans which look to consistently improve the overall service and quality and reduce incidents.
Requirements of the role:
- Degree holder in Information Technology or related discipline.
- 15 years of Professional experience with demonstrable managerial exposure.
- Strong technical knowledge of MS products, O365, virtulisation technology, server monitoring tools, SAN management, as well as backup & recovery tools and solutions needed.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure (Including AWS & Azure), as well as DevOps.
- A strong understanding of server, networks, storage, and DR management within an Enterprise setting.
- Professional certifications preferred (VMWare, Redhat, Microsoft, CISSP etc.)
- PMP, ITIL or Prince2 certifications beneficial.
- Strong written and verbal English mandatory.
If interested in understanding more about this opportunity, please send your CV to: email@example.com and put ‘Infrastructure Manager’ in the subject heading.