Senior Consultant Specialist - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Consultant Specialist
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of significant HSBC IT systems to local business units
- Develop competent level understanding of group systems and major local systems
- Prepare detailed specifications that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
- Ensure implementation on time and in budget with appropriate quality according to user requirements
- Assist in coordinating the activities of IT project teams user departments, other service departments, and external parties such as software and hardware suppliers, other financial institutions and bank customers
- Investigate and resolve problems arising in connection with IT services
- Manage the rectification of production system issues with the minimum disruption to the business
- Provide estimates for development effort for individual or component from design documents
- Review code and documentation to ensure code meets the design criteria
- Apply specialist expertise in the development of IT systems with the objective of optimizing operational performance and improving quality whilst increasing cost effectiveness
- Control projects and resources that vary in scale and complexity to meet changing objectives
- Work with other IT departments including multiple teams and business partners to define and plan the introduction of new systems or changes to existing systems, identifying costs and requirements and ensuring plans are in place to exploit them
- Develop employees knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise, providing coaching and sponsoring training solutions where necessary
- Maintain and ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal and external auditors as well as external regulators.
- Ensure awareness of compliance requirements and implementation of Group Compliance Policy.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with Group Guideline and Standard.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with major in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience working in banking industry and related field, and experience in web based application development.
- Good knowledge of strategy, business and market trend.
- Qualification in related business discipline is an advantage.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills as well as effective communication and presentation skills are required.
- Able to work independently, under pressure and proactively in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with good command of written and spoken English would be an advantage.
- Occasion travel to our development center in China is required and proficiency in Mandarin would be an advantage.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. #LI-MH1