Senior Data Protection Lawyer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are currently looking for a legal specialist to join our Legal Data Protection & Sourcing, APAC team with a focus on Hong Kong and North Asia coverage.
The role is based in Hong Kong and the right candidate will work closely with colleagues based in Singapore, Zurich, Poland, the US and other locations on regional and global data protection issues and transactions.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- As a senior advisor it is required to collaborate closely with the internal clients and business partners on a range of data protection matters, with a particular focus on North Asia
- Coordinate with business partners and relevant SMEs in General Counsel, Compliance, Data Protection Office, and CISO to ensure that relevant requirements, according to applicable laws, regulations and Credit Suisse policies, are appropriately reflected in advice on data protection matters (including control requirements) and in procurement contracts and outsourcing agreements. Management of external counsel on multi-jurisdictional projects.
- The opportunity to advise on relevant legal risk considerations in the context of strategic transformational projects, including Cloud, FinTech, global privacy initiatives and other arrangements, and to assist with the design and implementation of internal frameworks and policies
- A role that involves responsibility for monitoring and staying abreast of legal and regulatory developments in the region and working on regulatory reform initiatives and implementation projects
- Participate in (and potentially lead) efficiency, improvement and knowledge projects within the broader team
- A chance to work in a forward-thinking legal specialist team with global coverage that has a strong team spirit and operates in a versatile, dynamic, agile and flexible working environment.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Outstanding background in the legal field with six to ten years professional experience working as a lawyer. Experience working in-house for a financial institution or in an internationally oriented law firm in the data management field highly preferable
- University degree in Law admitted to practice in Hong Kong, Singapore or other commonwealth jurisdiction preferable
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and exercise judgment with high ethical and control standards
- Significant global privacy exposure and experience providing sound and practical privacy compliance advice, including negotiating, drafting and reviewing privacy provisions in contracts and commercial agreements, legal-related privacy projects, and providing advice to business teams on privacy issues. APAC privacy experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking and time management skills which enables you to establish and maintain effective client relationships and trust and work independently
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to articulate very clearly both orally and in writing
- Experience working in an international multi-cultural and dynamic environment which will enable to build on the team’s success
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working under pressure to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.