Senior Director - Client Development & Sales, Optimisation - APAC
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Optimisation Regional Head of Sales - APAC, is responsible for all facets of the development, execution and management of the global sales strategy across all client groups in the APAC region. This position is responsible for delivering against revenue targets and accelerating growth for the region across all asset classes, within each asset class and in each of CME Group's business units. This role requires extensive collaboration, coordination, leadership, and teamwork with senior level Business Line managers, Marketing, Data Science, Operations, International, Corporate Development, and Clearing. Strong sales leadership capabilities, extensive industry knowledge and contacts, and a track record of success in growing a cash and/or derivatives business are required. Principal Accountabilities:
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Manage and lead a regional team of segment leads
- Develop, execute, and lead CME Group's regional sales strategy for accelerating growth in revenue from existing and new clients across the region
- Understand global competitive landscape and develop/align growth and go-to-market client segment strategies in each relevant sub region including the development and execution of specific country plans within region
- Work in collaboration with the Business Line Heads and Marketing to develop strategies to create annual and long-term engagement with our clients, to:
- Increase the number of new clients/segment penetration
- Increase number of asset classes/products traded per client (cross sell)
- Increase overall and per-client volume and revenue
- Oversee regional sales pipeline, account planning and coverage. This includes leveraging industry and segment performance data to draw insights and communicate these with clients.
- Lead the selection of strategic relationship accounts in region and oversee coverage of these client accounts.
- Identify and drive the execution of strategic interactions with senior level management of client organizations, including Chairman, CEO and CCO
- Ensure all facets of client meetings and communications are handled effectively including pre-meeting client, market and competitive research, agenda setting, participant preparation and meeting facilitation to ensure objectives are met and opportunities are identified and followed up on
- Represent CME Group to the media, industry, conferences, trade shows and associations as necessary
- Manage the allocation of budget and resources to support client focused activities across relevant region
- Extensive sales management experience within a matrix environment
- Experience developing and executing successful sales/account strategies, regional specific strategies and country plans
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior level executives and boards of directors
- Well-developed networking and relationship building skills, complemented by negotiating acumen and sound business judgment
- Proven abilities to influence