Senior Investment Manager
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. Job Summary:
The incumbent is to support the Hong Kong CIO to develop and execute investment strategies on behalf of FWD Group subsidiaries, so as to optimize shareholder returns bearing in mind policyholder expectations, market risks and solvency/capital requirements. The Job:
- Deal and key project execution to enhance returns and the investment process
- Assist to develop the "house view" regarding key macro variables such as interest rates, credit and equity markets
- Develop the investment strategies that are consistent with these views and the firm's risk tolerance and capital position
- Research into emerging asset classes
- Optimise risk-adjusted returns of the portfolios by managing strategic and tactical asset allocation and balancing the competing constraints from risk capital, P&L volatility, solvency, and other metrics as advised by the Board
- Develop and undertake periodic review of the investment mandates
- Monitor the investment management activities of the portfolios and recommend and implement actions where required
- Supervise outsourced asset management capabilities and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Improve and promote the importance of investment management processes by aligning these processes with FWD Group standards while taking into account local regulations and market customs & characteristics
- Direct ALM activities and research
- Negotiate and execute documents relating to investment management agreements, custody agreements, ISDA agreements, etc.
- Assist with the drafting, planning, and implementation aspects of the FWD Life HK's plan
- Ensure that investment accounting, operations, and investment management systems work together smoothly
- Liaise with local regulatory authorities and industry associations when required
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies and requirements
- Ensure compliance of investment function in accordance with Hong Kong law and regulations in addition to FWD policies and procedures
- 10+ years' experience in a related investment area
- 10+ years of investment/management experience with at least 5 years demonstrable track record in managing balanced or fixed income/equity of pooled retirement funds or other public funds with reputable institutions.
- Financial degree from a recognised university
- Detailed understanding of financial markets
- Capacity to understand new asset classes, and to source expert knowledge where required
- Knowledge of insurance liabilities desirable
- Leadership and Communication skills
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process