Senior Manager, Compliance
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- As a member of Compliance Function, the purpose of the role is to provide assurance that the first line business controls are in place to comply with FWD group standards, local policies and procedures, and adherence to applicable legislations and regulations using a risk based approach.
- Participate in the annual compliance cycle planning, including the Annual Compliance Plan and performing test plans
- Conduct regular compliance risk assessments, execute the compliance monitoring plan and the related issues analysis, remediation and reporting to ensure adherence to compliance risk thresholds authorized by Governance Committees
- Participate in the review of relevant procedures, product and training materials for adherence to the requirements of AML, FATCA and CRS.
- Ensure relevant Compliance Manuals and Policies are updated according to current legislative, regulatory and business requirements
- Advise business functions on compliance issues
- University degree in accounting, finance or law with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- Professional qualification in accounting or law is an asset
- Knowledge of financial services industry and related legislative, regulatory (Insurance Authority, SFC) and generally accepted industry practices and professional standards, specifically on AML, FATCA and CRS.
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory and compliance risk assessments including quantification and thresholds, internal control infrastructure and policy/ guideline development
- Knowledge and experience in advising on and reviewing customer on-boarding instruments e.g. Know-Your-Customer, marketing and product brochures and other relevant publications/ materials for regulatory compliance and disclosures and suitability assessment
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.