Senior Manager, Underwriting, Employee Benefits
- HKD$ Highly Competitive
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 18 Sep 17
Our client is an American based health insurance corporation with strong market existence in 30 countries, accumulating 80 million end users around the world. They offer a holistic collection of health services, which accommodates medical, dental, pharmacy and vision care benefits.
This role is responsible for group underwriting servicing. This includes handling and supervising underwriting operations and upkeep turnaround time between HK and offshore team. Audit underwriting cases by offshore team to ensure uniform underwriting rulings that are decided in conformity to company protocols while showing flexibility. Communicate with reinsurers and fellow underwriters on decisions if the risk exceeds authority assigned. The job holder will be closely cooperating with Customer Service Teams to make workflow improvement recommendations for optimal operation efficiency.
- Monitor underwriting decisions proposed by offshore team and to maintain service by upkeeping turnaround time, submission accuracy, and handle agency/brokers/clients in a professional manner.
- inspect, suggest and carry out underwriting practices and guidelines to achieve optimal operation efficiency.
- Offer recommendation on any foreseen problems in day-to-day operations and propose recommendations.
- Coach and provide technical training to team members and offshore team.
- Work together with CS & Middle Office as well as reinsurers on policies / members requiring special arrangement of risk acceptance.
- Handle enquiries and complaints in a professional manner, and offer professional insight on related issues.
- Collaborate with Account Managers and CS team to enhance underwriting process.
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned
- University / college graduate OR at least 10 years related working experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant underwriting experience
- At least 3 years’ experience as supervisory role
- Expertise in Group insurance underwriting is preferred
- Team player, customer-oriented with good communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills, and is open to new ideas
- Good leadership and staff coaching skills
- Good knowledge on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Please kindly reach out to email@example.com or 3907 0744 for a confidential discussion.