Senior Operational Risk Manager
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer experience, deliver easy-to-understand products, and achieve its vision to become the leading pan-Asian life insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business arm of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities of FWD Hong Kong have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed ‘A3’ by Moody's and ‘A’ by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A’ rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 487,000 customers with over 600+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
Support the Risk Management Department in enhancing the culture and maturity of operational and information risk management of the organisation
• Develop and manage the annual plan for ORM, with consideration for IRM, CSI and BCM, to support corporate strategy and address risk areas in line with risk appetite defined by the Boards
• Advise project teams on risk exposure, mitigation and where practical, industry best practices
• Lead the preparation of risk reports to senior management, ORC, Boards, Group and regulators, and identify means to enhance risk reporting
• Implement the Enterprise Risk Management Policy and provide support to the first line as necessary
• Develop the methodology for RCSA certification, lead the implementation, and thereafter oversee RCSA certification by the first line and validate results
• Lead the development and implementation of the risk management information system and expanded key risk indicators
• Champion incident management efforts and drive actions to continuously improve interactions between first and second line members in the work group
• Provide risk training to stakeholders in the first line
• Contribute to ad-hoc projects to strengthen corporate governance or comply with regulations
• Degree holder in business and/or accounting
• Minimum 10 years of working experience in the risk, audit or compliance functions of financial institutions, with sound knowledge of operational processes and controls typical of life insurers and e-Commerce players
• Good understanding of operational and information risk management practices and methodologies relevant to the role
• Good understanding of general insurance and pension businesses, and regulations
• Previous experience with SOX 404 projects
• Excellent communication and report writing skills; fluency in spoken Cantonese and English
• Proven ability to drive changes, influence senior stakeholders and resolve conflicts
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Prior management of individual contributors
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.