Senior Product Owner /Associate Director
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
Product Owner / Senior Product Owner duties and responsibilities
- Report to the Value Stream Experience Owner
- In charge and responsible for the squad(s) and lead the scrum team(s)
- Ensure the product development is using the Agile approach
- Define / Refine product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work are aligned with product strategy
- Providing direction to the Agile team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Attend / run sprint planning, sprint sessions, retrospective, ceremony and work side-by-side with the scrum master(s)
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Understand the strategic needs of the Business Sponsor and executives
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Prepare and run Steering Committee if needed
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Issue/ Risk analysis and prompt update to Experience Owner and Business Owner
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Research and analysze the latest technology development in terms of mobile apps/web, payment strategy, communication strategy, data analysis, AI adoption and monitor closely the competitors' adoption of those tools / strategy.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
Product Owner / Senior Product Owner requirements and qualifications
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Extensive working experience as a Product Owner / Senior Scrum Master / Senior Business Analyst
- 10+ years of working experience in insurance or banking industry
- Previous PO/SM/BA/IT in developing product in particular payment / e-adoption projects / mobile web/ app in the financial industry
- Major in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Preferably good understanding of CAS, Genisys, Genelco, CSMS
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
- Fluent in Written and Spoken English, Cantonese and preferably PuTongHua
- Skills in PowerPoint, Excel and MS-Office in general.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.