Our client, one of the largest Global Insurers, are currently looking for a Senior Project/Programme Manager who will assume responsibility of managing the complex and highly mission critical Organisational migration to the cloud. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in understanding key dependencies between applications and be able to co-ordinate a critical pathway for multiple areas of the Organisation. They would need to lead the design and implementation of the command and control framework for this migration, so a good understanding of Cloud based migrations is advantageous.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Be embedded into the Programme planning, scheduling, and execution of project migrations with a core focus of applications moving to the Cloud
- Identify and Manage all dependencies, including applications and infrastructure
- Work closely with IT & Business leadership in an advisory role to ensure the IT programme risk associated with the migration to cloud is managed correctly
- Implement the critical pathway for multiple project completion
- Engage with the various project team members responsible for the actual migration and make sure they meet the specifications set out
- Define the delivery process with a deep understanding of large, Enterprise level IT Programmes of work
- Be involved in the financial aspects including budgetary management and tracking
- Report on status to C-Level stakeholders in technology and the business.
Requirements of the Role:
- University degree holder in Information Technology, or related disciplines
- At least 10 years of work experience in project / programme delivery
- Strong understanding of Enterprise scale Programmes, and associated risk
- Strong delivery background in Cloud based projects would be advantageous
- Proven experience in data centre migrations or Cloud migrations for large MNC’s
- Proven expertise managing “current state” to “future state” infrastructure with a focus on application, workload migrations including Cloud
- Strong understanding of program management methodology (PRINCE/PMBOK etc.) with a demonstrated understanding of ‘risk-based approach’ to Project management
- Demonstrate a proactive working attitude to achieve common goals with strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills with proven success in leading multi-functional initiatives across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Project management certification (PMP and/or Agile/Scrum Master) is required
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is a must
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Senior Programme Manager (Cloud Migration)” in the Subject Heading.